7 months ago
Would you like to help us really improve the well-being of those within our communities?
At Mytime Active, we believe that every individual, family and community can get more out of life. A charity and social enterprise, we do this by making activity and healthy living easy, accessible and fun. We are now working with Local Authorities across the UK with clusters in London, West Midlands, Kent and Hampshire.
To help us on our journey as we emerge from the Coronavirus pandemic, we are looking for new Trustees with a passion for wellbeing. Our trustees are relied upon for broad advice on business and social impact, as well as for ensuring that our senior executive team remains supported whilst constructively challenged. They ensure that Mytime Active has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction as well as ensuring key performance indicators, internal controls and systems are in place and regularly reviewed and audited. They will review major risks and ensure systems are in place to mitigate the risks and that Mytime Active complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Due to the end of the tenure for some board members and following a skills-gap analysis, we now seek four Trustees with additional skills in at least one of the following areas:
- Senior finance and commercial experience
- Business experience in a consumer facing operational business
- Public sector collaboration and Public Health in particular
- Community Development and Voluntary sector / Third sector networks
- Marketing and communication, including digital approaches
- IT and technology innovation
- Leadership, management and engagement of employees including human resources
- Strategic awareness combined with an ability to process detail and get to the heart of an issue.
- Experience at Board level either as Non-Executive or Executive
- Understanding of charity governance and the role of a Trustee
This is a voluntary role which does not attract any salary, although expenses incurred will be reimbursed. We will rely on you to prepare for and attend between 4 and 6 meetings per year, normally in person in a central Bromley location. During the pandemic we have been meeting via Zoom, and we may decide to continue to have some meetings in this way if that is the most effective approach.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and ages. To ensure our Board reflects the diverse perspectives of our community, we particularly encourage applications from people under the age of 40, existing or future customers, people from non-white communities and people with disabilities. It is not necessary to have previous board experience as an on-boarding programme will be offered.
For an informal and confidential discussion regarding this role or to request an information pack, please contact our recruitment advisers at TPP: Brigitte Stundner or Matt Adams on 0207 198 6060 / Executive@tpp.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is 17 June 2021 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 June.