13 days ago
Power2 unleashes the power of children and young people to improve their lives and the lives of others through mutually beneficial relationships. Our programmes are designed to develop crucial life skills, improve confidence and boost self-esteem through mentoring and positive psychology.
We're looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who want to be part of conversations about developing and leading our future.
We recognise that we need to bring different and more diverse voices and perspectives to our decision making, and that our Board needs to more closely represent the diversity of our work, and the people and communities we work with. For this reason, we are proactively seeking and actively encourage applications from:
- Black, South Asian and ethnically diverse people.
- People with lived experience of the issues our young people face (before the age of 18: in receipt of free school meals, with mental health/wellbeing issues, disengaged with school and learning, at risk of or excluded from school.
- Those outside London, particularly those in the North West.
- Those seeking their first Trustee position and/or are at an early stage in their career.
- Those with experience of Boards.
We are also keen to hear from people with specific expertise in:
- Fundraising/income generation
- Charity leadership
- Programme development
- School/academy chain/virtual school leadership
- Local authority commissioning
- Children and young people's mental health and wellbeing
- Impact management
We will also be recruiting two Young Trustees (under 30) from our beneficiaries
Trustees are normally appointed for three years and may be reappointed for a further term of three years. As a Power2 Trustee you'll be an ambassador for the organisation, and its work. You'll share our vision of empowering young people to build a society where all children can fulfil their potential.
Board meetings are held five times a year and Trustees are expected to prepare for meetings, hold membership one at least one Committee and attend fundraising events. The role of Trustee is not paid, although expenses for travel can be claimed.
If you are interested in joining the Board, please submit a CV and short covering letter (of no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in becoming a Trustee of Power2, how you meet the criteria set out in the role description and level of commitment you are able to make in this voluntary role.
Please send this to email@example.com