4 months ago
Indigo Volunteers is a charity that recruits volunteers, supports grassroots organisations and creates networks along the European refugee route. We believe in the power of ordinary people and enable them to work together to support refugees and displaced people. We work within a community of incredible grassroots charities, volunteers, sector experts, and humanitarian organisations that are positively dedicated to supporting communities coping with displacement, inequality, and social injustice.
Below you will find more about Indigo and the roles available.
To be the leading voice in responsible volunteering, empowering a network of grassroots humanitarians who work together to grow and thrive.
We connect, share, and facilitate
- We match and connect volunteers to humanitarian organisations.
- We share resources and capacity building opportunities.
- We facilitate training and psycho-social support for our community.
We bring people together and ensure that everyone is heard, respected, and valued; fruitful and lasting collaborations are our prime measure of success.
We do not presume that we have all the answers; we listen rather than preach; we are open to consider different points of view; we always strive to question and improve ourselves first.
We follow through on our commitments; we are honest and transparent; we take responsibility for our actions and lead by example.
We are inquisitive and don't take things at face value; we speak up and challenge the norm; we always strive to learn and create positive change.
We believe in the growth of people and put them at the centre of everything we do; we stand in solidarity; we are kind and charitable to everyone we encounter.
Indigo is looking for board members to support us in running and growing the charity to achieve our vision.
The following roles are needed (click on the title for the job role profile):
We are particularly interested in hearing from people with any of the following skills:
- Legal: Has an understanding of our legal duties as a charity.
- Fundraising: Understands individual and community fundraising, has experience working with charitable trusts or other grant giving organisations, and is able to help us secure sustainable funding.
- PR/Marketing: Understands the importance and dynamics of advertisement and public relations - i.e. communication, marketing, (social) media etc.
- Business/social enterprise/tech: Knows how to create and implement a business plan, can help us further develop our working model and strategy.
- Has lived experience or worked at senior-level within the refugee context.
We particularly welcome applications from groups that are often underrepresented. Indigo Volunteers is against discrimination of any kind and committed to upholding an equal and inclusive working environment irrespective of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion, or age. We recognise that unconscious bias and internalised prejudice are present in the sector and we actively work to educate ourselves in allyship and non-discriminatory practice. We recognise that having a diversity of experiences and perspectives is crucial to growing and improving as an organisation and particularly welcome applications from a wide variety of backgrounds who are motivated by these values and who can drive and inspire change for refugees and displaced people.
If you have any further questions, please email us: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21st February 2021.