13 days ago
The Youth Hostel Association (YHA) are here to give every young person the chance to experience amazing places, share extraordinary journeys and discover the skills and confidence that will take them places.
We are now looking for 3 Trustees to join our Board in 2020.
This year, YHA celebrated its 90th birthday. We also published our new strategy looking forward to the next phase of our journey over the coming decade. And then coronavirus struck!
We have lived through challenging times before and we are confident that we can continue to contribute to helping everyone but especially young people, lead healthy and fulfilling lives. We have had to adapt and embrace new ways of working at the same time as planning to reopen our stunning network of accommodation and residential opportunities as soon as possible.
Our work is guided by our Board of Trustees and this year we have 3 vacancies to fill on the Board. Do you fit the bill? If so, we want you on Board.
Becoming a Trustee
We are looking for people who have the following qualities:
- have vision, enthusiasm, excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to influence Board decisions whilst challenging and supporting the Executive team
- have participated in Committees, Panels or Boards, understand how they function and the areas they discuss
- fully support our charitable object and focus on young people. Trustees are ambassadors for YHA
In order to build a balanced Board in 2020 we are specifically looking for either:
- experience of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Young People's Inclusion or
- experience of Communications and Public Relations
YHA welcomes applications from all. We are striving to enhance the diversity of the Board. We would actively encourage applications from young people aged 26 or under and/or people with an understanding of Welsh policy and Welsh agendas.
For more information about this rewarding voluntary opportunity and the application process please visit www.jobs.yha.org.uk/trustee-recruitment
If you have any further questions or require support with your application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received by email no later than 9am on Monday 24th August 2020.