Bracknell Forest, Berkshire
3 months ago
Trustee with a marketing focus, for Age Concern Bracknell Forest
About Age Concern Bracknell Forest
We are a fully-independent incorporated charity, first established in 1972. We have successfully transformed how we operate and are looking ahead to serve older people's increasing needs in Bracknell Forest, Wokingham Borough and surrounding areas. We are not part of national Age UK, but work alongside them.
What do we do and where do we do it?
We operate in and around Bracknell Forest in Berkshire, providing dementia-care day services, plus regular events to help combat social isolation. We provide a telephone helpline signposting callers to other services in the area.
Why are we looking for new Trustees?
We need new strategic contributions to the Board to assist our refreshed vision, especially in raising our profile, growing partnerships and marketing of what we do and want to do.
We are a charity not a business, but we apply business principles. We are looking for someone to bring their expertise and experience from a variety of backgrounds, including the business world, to our charity.
There are three other voluntary Trustees, and we are actively recruiting more, including trustees with a digital focus. Following a period of growth, diversification, and a recent away-day for the Board and senior staff, we want to ensure the organisation is equipped to provide and thrive for older people in the area.
What do you get as a volunteer Trustee of our organisation?
- A chance to create, adapt and implement a marketing vision for the organisation
- An opportunity to exercise your strategic marketing and promotion experience, skills and knowledge, possibly in a different environment or context
- A chance to augment your experience of community charities
- A boost to your career and CV, if needed
- Satisfaction of helping vulnerable older people and giving something back to the community
- Induction, training, support from us and other charity-support organisations
What do we get?
- Your skills, experience and knowledge of publicity, promotion, marketing and communications
- Your abilities to help our charity grow in line with our strategic plans
- Enhancement to our governance and the Board of Trustees; improvement to our profile
- Your enthusiasm
What do our beneficiaries get?
- The ability to increase activities and support for more older people in the area
- A better grasp of what we do, and want to do
- A well-governed charity, sustainable for the future
- A forward-looking and higher-profile organisation, with a well-informed Board of Trustees
How do I apply?
This appointment is being managed for us by inVOLve Community Services, a charity-support organisation.
You will need to be eligible to be a charity Trustee & company Director, which we will explain.
Information for prospective Trustees, including a full Role Description and Person Specification can be obtained from email@example.com.
You can also arrange to have an informal discussion, without obligation.
Your CV or application will be read by Age Concern Bracknell Forest's Trustees and an interview offered to exceptional candidates as soon as mutually-convenient.
I need to know more
Email: Mike Allen firstname.lastname@example.org