over 2 years ago
Helplines Partnership is the membership body for organisations that provide information, support or advice via phone, email, text or online. We have around 350 members in the UK and internationally from large national charities to small local and specialist charities as well as some businesses.
Helplines Partnership is committed to supporting organisations that provide non-face-to-face advice, support and information to improve general wellbeing. We champion the interests of our members and help them to build sustainability and deliver the best service they can for their users.
We promote best practice through our Helplines Standard accreditation, professional practice through specialist training and consultancy. We also provide access to the Helpline Freephone Range (a dedicated range of free to caller telephone numbers exclusively to helplines).
Trustee - Treasurer
The Helplines Partnership (HLP) Board of Trustees is seeking to recruit a Treasurer who as well as having financial experience ideally has an appreciation of the helpline sector. The purpose of the role is to:
- Maintain an overview of the organisation's financial affairs focusing on maintaining the organisations financial viability.
- Provide advice and guidance over the annual setting of budgets and business plans.
- Review monthly management accounts and advise on their implications and any necessary actions.
- Represent and advise on all financial matters including the annual report and accounts.
- Work closely with the Chair, CEO and Head of Finance to ensure the smooth financial running and continued financial health of our charity.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will be required to attend four half day Board meetings per year in London plus three two-hour teleconference Finance Sub Committee meetings and one face to face meeting. This is an unpaid voluntary position although reasonable travel expenses will be covered.
What are we looking for?
- Formal financial qualifications and experience are desirable, and it would be useful to have some experience of charity finance and the helpline sector.
- As an organisation, we work remotely, using IT solutions such as Skype and SharePoint so location is not so relevant. Being comfortable with the use of these technologies would be helpful.
- The Treasurer must be able to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences and report on these to the board.
- The Treasurer must be willing to be available occasionally for advice and enquiries as appropriate.
What difference will you make?
As a small charity, your contribution will be significant and effective. As part of the Helplines Partnership Board you will be helping directly to ensure the effectiveness of the organisation. If you think that you have the experience and wish to utilise your skills and knowledge to enhance HLP's Board, then please send a letter outlining your experience and why you wish to apply for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
A generic Trustee role description and person specification can be found https://helplines.org/vacancies/
Closing Date: Friday 31 May 2019