about 2 years ago
The National Biodiversity Network Trust is seeking to appoint a new Trustee who will also act as Treasurer.
Want to save the planet, by thinking globally and acting locally?
Excited by biodiversity data and want to champion its collection, curation, sharing and use?
Ready to embrace a key role in overseeing the management of a leading UK charity?
The National Biodiversity Network Trust is a charitable organisation with a membership that shares biological data and information under the banner of the National Biodiversity Network (the NBN). Membership includes most of the UK's national biological recording schemes and societies, many of the UK's largest wildlife charities and Local Environmental Record Centres, as well as government agencies, research institutions, museums, botanic gardens and members of the public.
The NBN provides digital infrastructure to facilitate the sharing of wildlife information in the UK. By providing easy access to the information people need about wildlife, informed decisions can be made to ensure our natural environment is diverse and sustainable now and in the future.
The Trust is looking for a new Trustee who will also take on the role of Treasurer, a key responsibility which is crucial to the good financial governance of the Trust. This is a voluntary position which is likely to require a commitment of approximately 18 days per year. Trustees are appointed for an initial three-year term, with an option to renew for a second term.
The Trustee will attend and chair the quarterly Finance and Management Committee (FMC) meetings along with attending and reporting back on the discussions and decisions of the FMC to the board at quarterly meetings. The Treasurer will be expected to contribute positively and constructively to the debates at the board level and has the legal responsibility of signing off the year end accounts.
The Trustee may also be asked to participate in committees set up by the board and provide advice and support to the Chief Executive and NBN Trust Secretariat as and when required.
For further information, please visit https://nbn.org.uk/news/nbn-trustee-treasurer/
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the board of the NBN Trust as the new Treasurer and you have skills you think could help steer the charity, please supply the following:
- A CV outlining your key achievements in previous and current roles
- A covering letter detailing why you are interested in the role and why you believe your skills would support the NBN Trust
- Details of two referees (who will not be contacted without your prior consent)
- If you would like a confidential conversation with either our CEO or Chair about the role (before applying) please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com respectively to set up a time.
- The closing date for applications is 6th September and interviews are likely to take place late September/beginning of October.