6 months ago
We're expanding our board of trustees and looking for someone with marketing and PR / communications expertise to join the team.
AzuKo is an international architecture charity. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure, to play and public space, our projects address urgent needs in Bangladesh and UK.
We're using human-centred design to tackle some of the world's toughest problems, but we can't do it alone. We need your help.
The role involves developing and implementing a strategic marketing and comms plan to advance AzuKo's brand identity, broaden awareness of who/what/why, and increase visibility to a wider audience.
- Develop market position and brand of AzuKo to a variety of audiences, enabling us to achieve our aims
- Create a marketing / PR strategy that will allow AzuKo to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers
- Work with trustees and staff to recognise internal and external comms opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Oversee the ongoing development of AzuKo's marketing and comms
- Act as comms spokesperson on behalf of the board, when required
- Oversee implementation of the marketing and comms strategy
Qualities - essential
- Marketing and PR / comms expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and management, comms and presentation skills
- Experience of business, commerce or industry
- Experience of the strategic use of digital and social media as effective comms mechanisms to support services and activities
- Application of marketing strategy to nonprofit organisations
Qualities - desirable
- Active participation in fundraising and publicity discussions, and strategic decision-making
- Experience of working within the charity sector
- Role: Trustee - Marketing. In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
- Volunteer: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
- Time: 2-year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 2-3 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a subcommittee member and attend specific meetings.
- Location: London, and remotely
Who are we looking for?
We expect all team members to share our values. All AzuKo trustees are active in advocating, fundraising and networking.
The impact of this role
Support and strategic guidance is key in enabling us to meet and exceed our goals: growth and impact. Our work prioritises disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
Why be a trustee
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team from diverse backgrounds
How to apply
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in the role. Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Rolling
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion belief, sexual orientation or age.