about 1 year ago
Passionate about social impact? Do you have international development experience? Join our board and support our mission.
AzuKo is an international architecture charity. We design with disadvantaged communities and empower them to create the world they dream of. From housing, sanitation and infrastructure to play and public space, our projects address urgent needs in Bangladesh and UK.
We're using human-centred design to tackle some of the world's toughest problems, but we can't do it alone. We need your help.
We're looking for someone with extensive experience of working in international development, ideally with an NGO, to provide strategic guidance particularly in relation to our international work.
- Contribute knowledge of the international development sector, tools, methods and approaches
- Network on behalf of AzuKo to establish new contacts within the sector, with the aim to expand existing work and secure potential new projects and funding
- Take an active interest in international development ethics
- Oversee risk assessments, as needed, with a focus on safety and security
- Be an active champion of AzuKo
Qualities - essential
- Professional experience in international development or a similar field, including knowledge of community-led projects
- Passionate about addressing global issues
- The ability to provide valuable oversight and strategic judgement, and address complex issues collaboratively
- A deep commitment to social impact and sustainable development
Qualities - desirable
- Knowledge of design, architecture, engineering or construction
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating programme work and impact measurement
- Knowledge of safety and security in insecure environments
- Relevant experience of living or working in Bangladesh and UK
- Role: Trustee - International Development. In addition to the specific responsibilities stated, you will assume all the usual duties of a trustee.
- Volunteer: Trustees are volunteers. The role is not accompanied by any payment, however reasonable expenses may be claimed e.g. local travel.
- Time: 2-year term. Review after 1 year. Estimated 2-3 days per month, including attending quarterly board meetings. You may also be a subcommittee member and attend specific meetings.
- Location: London, and remotely
Who are we looking for?
We expect all team members to share our values. All AzuKo trustees are active in advocating, fundraising and networking.
The impact of this role
Support and strategic guidance is key in enabling us to meet and exceed our goals: growth and impact.
Our work prioritises disadvantaged individuals, families and communities. Ultimately you will be contributing to the positive change AzuKo seeks to make in the world.
Why be a trustee
As a small charity AzuKo recognises the great work, time and commitment of our board. This position is an opportunity to:
- Give back to a charity that is dedicated to creating positive impact
- Enhance your CV and open doors to new career paths
- Make a difference to those in need
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities
- Utilise your experience and skills within the voluntary sector
- Work with an interesting team from diverse backgrounds
How to apply
Application is by CV and supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) outlining the reasons for your interest in the role. Please send your application by email to email@example.com
Application deadline: Rolling
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion belief, sexual orientation or age.