Skipton, North Yorkshire
6 months ago
Save our Babies is a Skipton based organisation that has been set up to fund research into repairing forms of brain damage that occur shortly before or at birth. The two main forms of brain injury we will focus on are Periventricular Leukomalacia (the most common cause of Cerebral Palsy) and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy. These diseases can lead to infant mortality and often lead to a variety of serious lifelong problems for those that survive.
We are initially teaming up with a research group in Edinburgh University who are researching ways to cure Cerebral Palsy. The money we will raise will go towards paying for staff and lab equipment so they can continue their research in this field. Save Our Babies is a new organisation that is trying to expand and become a registered charity and it needs to recruit trustees in order to do this. We are looking for a fundraiser who can help set up and manage a successful fundraising strategy.
Your role would include the following duties:
- To ensure that the charity complies at all times with its governing document, charity law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the charity pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- Developing a fundraising strategy that outlines how the organisation will raise funds for the next year and a longer-term strategy that covers a three-year time span.
- Costing the fundraising strategy and then helping the chair and treasurer develop a budget around the cost and revenues associated with the fundraising strategy.
- Deciding how the charity's budget can be used to help maximise funds received.
- Agreeing a means to assess how effective each particular fundraising strategy is based on a variety of methods such as funds raised vs costs of fundraising.
- Monitoring the cost and time spent on each area of fundraising to see if the charity is following its fundraising strategy.
- Working alongside others to develop promotional material for the charity.
- Keeping donors informed about the progress of the charity and ensuring they receive thanks for their support.
- Helping to do the actual fundraising on behalf of the organisation. Developing community-based fundraising would be the first task before moving onto other forms of fundraising, such as grant applications etc.
- To attend and to actively participate in board meetings and to prepare appropriately beforehand.
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Confidence and the ability to deal with rejection
- Good social skills and the ability to make contacts
- Good organisational skills
- Need to be creative
- Need to demonstrate commitment to the aims, objectives and work of the charity
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to attend meetings
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Some experience of fundraising for a charity
For more details or to apply for the role, please email Elliot O'Shea at email@example.com or call on 07806 606 605.