over 2 years ago
Launched in 2012, the Positive View Foundation is a unique and ambitious charity that transforms the lives of disadvantaged young people through photography and film – whilst enjoying a high profile reputation amongst UK’s arts institutions and the international professional photography community.
Our personal develop projects are currently running on the Somerleyton estate, Lambeth, and will shortly be launched in Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
Positive View’s innovative and highly effective ten-week personal development programme is delivered by some of the UK’s most respected professional photographers and photography institutions. This is followed by Positive View’s ‘Into Work’ programme delivered by our partners The Rio Ferdinand Foundation.
We are now seeking a passionate, highly respected Corprorate CSR focused trustee who will relish the challenge of joining us - whilst transforming the lives of some of London’s most disadvantaged 16-25 year olds.
Chair of the Board
Positive View is looking to recruit a Trustee to join our Board of Trustees. The candidate should currently be enjoying a successful career with a major City company – preferably in a CSR capacity. Philanthropic experience in a similar role would be welcome, but is not essential. It is essential that candidates understand the very real issues experienced by those living on inner London’s most dispossessed estates.
- Provide strategic direction to a board of eight Trustees during this early period of growth and financial growth
- Ensure that the board pursues its aims and objectives as defined in its governing documents, charity law, and other reforming charity regulations
- Mentoring and supporting the Founder and CEO whilst encouraging future operational direction and charity growth
Main Responsibilities – Board of Trustees
- Advise the board of trustees in the formulation of philanthropic partnership programmes with leading companies in the City of London
- Provide guidance and support to the Chief Executive whilst building a highly successful corporate partnership strategy and programme
- Advise and provide advice and guidance on Positive View’s new ‘Into Work’ projects delivered in partnership with the Rio Ferdinand Foundation
- Helping in the opening of doors into corporate CSR budgets and future philanthropic and commercial business partnerships
- An interest in the creative arts
- Creative and lateral thinking to help build future corporate and commercial and partnership opportunities
- Enjoying a broad commercial network
- Sound financial leadship through a period of early growth and brand success
Visit website for more details: www.positiveview.org.uk
For more details or to apply for the role, please contact:
Founder and Chief Executive
Direct line: 020 8350 5820