about 1 month ago
Learning By Heart provides online tutoring in a range of subjects, in exchange for a 'pay as you feel' donation to CAMFED - the Campaign for Female Education.
We are currently looking for a Trustee who is committed to the aims and values of Learning by Heart and who appreciates the benefits in increasing access to education.
Knowledge of one or more of the following areas would be particularly beneficial to us:
- Education and tutoring
- Working with young people / safeguarding
- Legal / Contract Law
- Previous experience working with newly formed charities / social enterprises
Commitment will be up to you, but as a minimum we would require:
- Attendance at trustee meetings. These are expected to be held every 2 months and take ~2 hours. Meetings will be held remotely using video conferencing
- Time required to carry out the statutory duties as a trustee
- Participation in activities to promote LBH to our beneficiaries, funders, teachers, students and the wider community.
- Review and scrutinise board papers and other communications
- Contribution to other issues or areas related to your specific expertise
In addition to the above, if you can provide more time, we would welcome your input into our ongoing initiatives relating to growing our user base, safeguarding, fundraising and marketing.
This is an opportunity for someone to join us at the creation stage of Learning by Heart. Your input will help set the foundations and direction of the charity as we start on our journey helping others get access to education.
If you are interested in becoming a trustee, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will set up an appointment to discuss further with you the position, your experience and interest in working with us.