5 months ago
Job Type: Voluntary
We are seeking volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds to join Bristol Animal Rescue Centre (Bristol A.R.C.) as a Trustee to help make a difference to the lives of animals in need in Bristol.
As a Trustee, you will have the chance to influence our animal welfare standards in line with your relevant expertise and drive the implementation of our strategy. You will serve on the governing body of the charity and be instrumental, alongside your fellow Trustees, in the running of the Branch and setting out both the short and long terms aims.
We are particularly interested to hear from candidates with relevant experience in the following areas:
- Veterinary Medicine
- Animal welfare and behaviour
- Communications, particularly digital marketing
- Risk and Compliance
Role of the Trustee
The ultimate responsibility of our Board Members is to ensure that Bristol A.R.C. works towards its objectives in an effective, fair and legal manner. Duties will include:
- Regular attendance at board meetings, taking place at our Bristol centre (this will be online during the current Covid-19 outbreak), at least 6 times a year and participation in sub-committees
- Ensure that Bristol A.R.C. complies with charity law and Charity Commission requirements and its governing documents
- Oversight of the strategic, financial and governance position of the charity
What we can offer you as a Trustee
- A platform to utilise your skills and experience to oversee the charity and make decisions that have a direct impact on the welfare of local animals and people, as well as the wider community
- Satisfaction of helping us make a difference for animals and people, and giving something back to the Bristol community
- A way to expand both your professional and personal network through meeting and working with like-minded people who share your passion for promoting animal welfare
- Induction, support and training from us
Who we are
For over 130 years we have cared for Bristol's animals; helping, healing and homing those in greatest need at our Rescue Centre in the heart of the City. Our aim is to reduce animal suffering and increase animal well-being in all that we do. Through the work of our Rehoming Centre and Veterinary Clinic we help, heal and find homes for over 10,000 animals every year, as well as offering hands-on support and welfare advice to the people who love them.
Bristol Animal Rescue Centre is the working name for our two linked charities, the Bristol Dogs and Cats Home and the RSPCA Bristol and District Branch.
About our existing Board
There are currently seven other volunteer Trustees with varied experience and skills including corporate governance, law and commercial property. We are a friendly Board, passionate about our cause and we enjoy welcoming new people and talents to support our work on behalf of animals. You can read more about us here https://www.bristolarc.org.uk/about/board-of-trustees
If you think you have the right skillset and would like to be part of a committed team with overall responsibility for the charity, please send a copy of your CV or other document setting out your relevant experience, together with a covering letter stating the reasons why you would like to be considered for this position to:
Your CV and supporting papers will be read by Bristol A.R.C.'s Trustees and Senior Management team, and an interview offered to favourable candidates as soon as mutually convenient.
Closing date for applications is: 15 February 2021