about 2 months ago
Trustee with Promise Inclusion
(formerly Wokingham, Bracknell & Districts Mencap)
Delivering on the promise that all people matter
About Promise Inclusion
We are a local charity, first established in 1997 as Wokingham Mencap. Over the years we have grown and are just taking on a new name and brand to reflect our promise to ensure people with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum condition are included in their local communities. Promise Inclusion (Pinc) is as an independent charity, affiliated to, but not financed by, the Royal Mencap Society.
In 2018, we spent £181k achieving our aims, similar to previous years.
Current website: http://www.wokinghambracknellmencap.org/index.php
https://promiseinclusion.org/ new website UNDER DEVELOPMENT as at February 2020
Video: We are Pinc https://player.vimeo.com/video/377265696?
What do we do and where do we do it?
Pinc operate in Bracknell Forest and Wokingham Borough, providing support to people with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum condition, as well as assisting their parents & carers. We run activities and events in order to better include everyone in their local communities and ensure that accurate information and advice are freely available to those who need it.
Why are we looking for new Trustees?
The organisation is in a period of stability after previous uncertainty; we are looking to build on changes to the trustee board, with a new Chair & Treasurer already in place in 2019. Pinc wants trustees who are enthusiastic about the organisation's mission, have skills which will add to and complement the existing four trustees' skills, particularly those that help the newly-rebranded organisation's strategic growth.
We are a charity not a business, but we apply business principles. We are looking for people to bring their expertise and experience from a variety of backgrounds, including but not exclusively from the business world. We want to expand the diversity of our board, in all meanings of the term.
Information from the Charity Commission about Promise Inclusion: https://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regId=1122662&subId=0
What do you get as a volunteer Trustee of our organisation?
- A chance to create, adapt and implement planned strategic growth for the organisation
- An opportunity to exercise your experience, skills and knowledge, possibly in a different environment or context
- A chance to augment your experience of charities
- A boost to your career and CV, if needed
- Satisfaction of helping people with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder, their carers and families and thus giving something back to your community
- Induction, training, support from us and other charity-support organisations
What do we get?
- Your skills, knowledge, professional and life experience
- Your abilities to help our charity grow in line with our strategic plans
- Enhancement to our governance and the Board of Trustees; improvement in our charity governance and operational growth
- Your participation in our collective decision-making, contributing to all areas of our charity work
- Your enthusiasm
What do our beneficiaries get?
- The ability to increase activities and support for more people with learning disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorder, their carers and families in Bracknell and Wokingham
- A well-governed charity, sustainable for the future
- A forward-looking and agile organisation, with a well-informed Board of Trustees
How do I apply?
This appointment is being managed for us by involve Community Services, a charity-support organisation.
You will need to be eligible to be a charity trustee & company Director, which we will explain.
Information for prospective trustees, including a full Role Description and Person Specification can be obtained from email@example.com.
You can arrange to have a no-obligation informal discussion.
Your CV or application will be read by Promise Inclusion's trustees and an interview offered to exceptional candidates as soon as mutually-convenient.
I need to know more
Email: Mike Allen firstname.lastname@example.org