North London, London
over 1 year ago
We are looking for new Trustees to join our board.
Who are we?
The Research Institute for Disabled Consumers (RiDC) is the leading expert in person-centred research involving disabled and older consumers.
We are an independent, national charity with over 5o years' experience in commissioned consumer research and insights in this specialist area. We were originally founded by Lord Young of Dartington as part of Which? and have operated as an independent charity since 1991.
We are run by - and for people - with personal experience of disability.
We always start from the perspective of disabled and older consumers.
By working with disabled and older people, listening to their needs and reflecting real lives in our research, we make sure nobody is excluded or left behind.
We have a pan disability consumer panel of over 1,300 disabled and older people who are the experts on the ground and are core to all our work. As a result, we have developed a strong track record of providing unique insights and solutions to businesses, government and charities.
We are looking for three things in any prospective trustee:
1. Are you an enthusiastic and creative individual who enjoys a challenge?
- Do you want to join a team who are determined to grow the reach and impact of the organisation?
- Do you have a lived experience of disability or long-term health condition?
- Do you have the time to commit to helping us grow the impact of RiDC?
2. We would be particularly interested to hear from you if you have expertise in: -
- Financial management e.g. accountancy, financial strategy, investment
- Marketing, communications and/or public relations
3. In addition to the above, knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage:
- Developing and growing an organisation;
- Human resources and people management;
- Consumer affairs
With respect to the time you are expected to commit to RiDC, there are four board meetings a year. These are held in north London over an afternoon.
We also a have Finance sub-committee which meets four times a year. Finally, there is an annual staff/trustee away day that looks at the strategy and overall direction of the organisation.
We cover any reasonable expenses in terms of travel, etc so that trustees can attend the meeting.
How to apply
To apply please provide us with an up-to-date CV and an email or covering letter telling us why you want to become a trustee and what you believe you can offer RiDC.
For further information about RiDC's work visit our website; www.ridc.ore.uk/about-us
If you would like an informal conversation you can contact our Chair, Dr Phil Friend OBE on 020 7427 2460.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Razia Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 22nd January 2020.
You will be invited to meet a nominations sub-committee, which will be made up of three trustees. This meeting would take place in our office in north London on 3rd February 2020.
If successful you will be invited to our AGM/Board Meeting on 12th February.