Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
9 months ago
We are looking for more Trustees to join our board. If you're skilled in the following areas and you are local to Milton Keynes, please get in touch, we really need your help:
- Mental Health
- Social Care
- Legal (solicitor or barrister)
- Risk Management
The role of a Trustee is to serve on the governing body of the charity in order to control and be ultimately responsible for its management and administration. There are several aspects of the role, from mapping out the strategic direction of the charity in accordance with the framework set out in the charities governing document, to ensuring that they do not benefit financially from their position.
As a Trustee of The Harry's Rainbow Charitable Trust you will be asked to use your personal skills and experience as needed to ensure that the charity is run efficiently.
You must consider external professional advice on matters where there may be material risk to The Harry's Rainbow Charitable Trust, or where the trustees may be in breach of their duties.
You will also ensure that The Harry's Rainbow Charitable Trust are meeting their objectives as laid out in the Constitution.
In addition to the above you will also be asked to:
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings, currently held on a monthly basis but these are due to reduce to every other month from October. You may also be called to attend additional 'emergency' meetings.
- Attend at least 3 events throughout the year.
- Attend the AGM, which is normally held in November.
- Report any problems, personal concerns or absence to the Chair.
- Report any conflict of interest to the Chair as soon as possible.
- Ensure the charity is compliant with relevant legislation, as well as the requirements of regulatory bodies such as the Charity Commission.
- Adhere to the charity's Code of Conduct.
- Keep a rein on the charity's activities, ensuring that it does not stray from its charitable objectives or the governing document.
- Be committed to the Trustee role for a 3-year period.
To be a Trustee you:
- Must be 18 or over.
- Must not have been convicted of a serious crime.
- Must not have been declared bankrupt.
- Must not have been disqualified as a Company Director.
Please email your CV to email@example.com.