about 2 years ago
What do we do and where do we do it?
We are an early-years support charity, operating across the Bracknell Forest area. We recruit and train volunteers from across Bracknell Forest and surrounding areas, carefully matching the volunteer with a family in need of support. Volunteers are from all walks of life, parents or grandparents, all providing emotional and practical help to local families. Support is confidential, flexible and totally-responsive to the family's needs.
Why are we looking for a new Trustee?
Although we operate in and around Bracknell Forest, trustees can come from any area.
We want to recruit a Fundraising-strategy trustee who will develop our focus, assisting or advising with fundraising and bid writing to help us improve our sustainability. This will include building on and growing our corporate sponsorship success. Information about our fundraising.
About the existing Board
There are eight other voluntary Trustees, and we are actively recruiting for this role to complement existing skills of the Board, develop, grow and implement our fundraising.
What do you get as a volunteer Trustee of our organisation?
- An opportunity to use your fundraising, sales and marketing skills, possibly in a different environment or context
- A chance to co-create our sustainable funding strategy
- A chance to augment your experience of community charities
- A boost to your career, and your CV if needed
- Satisfaction of helping local families with children and giving something back to the community
- Induction, training, support from us and other charity-support organisations
What do we get?
- Your skills, experience and knowledge of fundraising & marketing
- Your abilities to help our charity grow in line with our strategic plans
- Enhancement to our governance and the Board of Trustees
- Your enthusiasm
How do I apply?
Information for prospective Trustees, including a full Role Description and Person Specification and our Application Form can be obtained from email@example.com
You will need to be eligible to be a charity Trustee & company Director, which we will explain; successful applicant will also undertake a successful Enhanced DBS check.
Your Application will be read by Home-Start Bracknell Forest's Trustees and an interview offered to exceptional candidates as soon as mutually-convenient.