6 months ago
Jigsaw Trust wish to recruit a Trustee to join our JigsawPlus Board of Trustees.
Jigsaw Trust's aim is to improve the lives of children and adults affected by autism through the provision of high quality, accessible, educational, vocational and well-being services.
Jigsaw Trust is a registered charity that was established in 1999 by a group of parents of children diagnosed with autism. In the same year it raised enough funds to set up Jigsaw CABAS® School, opening its doors to six children. Today the school educates 68 pupils, aged 4 to 19 years.
In April 2013, the Trust was expanded to set up JigsawPlus raising additional funds to support adults with Autism and related disabilities through the development of a new adult services provision. A new Centre for Lifelong Learning was opened in February 2018, and there are plans to further develop the services offered.
In August 2013, Jigsaw Trading opened Café on the Park, our first social enterprise provision.
Why become a Trustee for JigsawPlus?
The role of the Trustee is essential to the strategic development of the charity. This non-executive position is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community, whilst simultaneously broadening your own knowledge. You will be working with a wide range of people who bring experiences across a variety of industry sectors and backgrounds, all working toward improving the lives of those affected by autism. The feel-good factor of this type of teamwork is not to be underestimated.
For this incredibly valuable role, the ideal candidate for our Board of Trustees will be inspiring and dedicated individuals with experience and skills in these areas:
- A background in social care
- Knowledge of advocacy, guardianship and deputyship
- An understanding of the charity sector and a strong commitment to its principles
- Excellent communicator who is comfortable working with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Ideally, previous experience of serving as a trustee of a uk registered charity
- Jigsaw Plus is looking for an energetic and creative individual, ideally with a good understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder and good business acumen.
Duties will include:
- To be an active member of the Trustee Board in exercising its responsibilities and functions
- To attend meetings of Trustees at least 4 times a year (usually in the evenings)
- To contribute specific skills within the field of social care to support the JigsawPlus
To find out more and for an informal discussion please contact Naomi Chaning Pearce on 01483 277366. To apply please submit your interest along with a CV to email@example.com
Please note this role has no specific closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).