7 months ago
The Alec Dickson Trust is a small grant making Trust looking to recruit one new IT literate volunteer to join its Board of young Trustees. The Trust supports young people who, through volunteering or community service, aim to enhance the lives of others, particularly those most marginalised by society.
Job title: Trustee (specialising in IT and website design)
Location: Central London
Application deadline: Monday 13th November
Commitment: Trustees meet on a quarterly basis and are expected to attend four meetings a year in Central London. So you must be willing to travel to Central London for quarterly evening meetings (circa 2 hours 18:30-20:30). Also, Trustees are expected to make a minimum commitment of 2 years in post.
How to apply: To apply, please send your CV and a 200 word letter on: "why you would like to be a Trustee of the Alec Dickson Trust and what experience qualifies you for the role of IT and website design Trustee" to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 13th November. Please include in the subject line of the email "Trustee Recruitment *followed by your name.
Interviews: Interviews will be held in Central London (exact location tbc) w/c 20th November in the evening.
For more information, please take a look at our website http://www.alecdicksontrust.org.uk/
- Experience of managing or running a website, being able to easily upload new content that is visually engaging and in line with brand guidelines
- Experience of working with website hosting companies in order to negotiate the best possible services at the best possible prices
- Applicants need to show a clear passion for volunteering to help make a difference to young people and communities across the UK.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 and under the age of 30 (in order for the Board to continue to reflect the age of its beneficiaries).
- Applicants can be from any background, with any qualifications or work experience.
- We are looking to increase the current diversity of the board, as the majority of the current Trustees work in the charity sector. Therefore applicants are encouraged to clearly highlight the particular skills they feel they could bring to the board.