Reasonable expenses will be met.
over 3 years ago
StreetGames UK Trustee
“…the sports charity that brings sport to the doorstep of young people in disadvantaged communities across the UK”
StreetGames was launched in 2007 to take sport to the doorstep of young people living in the most disadvantaged communities. StreetGames forms partnerships with community organisations, health agencies and community safety campaigns in order to change young lives and to change disadvantaged neighbourhoods.
Following a period of rapid growth, we now support a network of over 900 neighbourhood projects across the UK. In March 2015 we reached a cumulative participation rate of 2.9 million attendances.
StreetGames has an annual turnover of £6 million and a staff base of just under 50 employees.
The charity has twelve trustees who meet as a full board four times per year. The main sub-committees, Finance and Fundraising and the Audit Committee, also meet four times per year.
Role of the Trustee
As a trustee of StreetGames, you will be responsible for developing and guiding the strategic direction of the organisation as well as ensuring the long term stability of the charity. You will need to persuade, influence and communicate effectively with the rest of the board as well as to speak for the organisation in a variety of settings.
StreetGames wants to recruit new trustees to fill these gaps in our skills and knowledge:
• Strategic level knowledge of finance (with a view to joining Finance Committee)
• Strategic level knowledge of audit and governance (with a view to joining Audit Committee)
• A solid understanding of the value of sport in disadvantaged communities and of sport’s contribution to health and wellbeing.
• The national training and learning landscape.
• Knowledge of marketing and corporate fundraising
• Access to high net worth and influential individuals.
• Understanding of digital issues and possibilities.
Time Commitment & Remuneration
Trustees will be required to attend meetings on approximately 4 days per year although usually the meetings will not take the full day. In addition, there is an expectation that Trustees will become actively involved in the charity which will require attendance at fundraising and or key operational events.
Trustees are appointed for an initial period of 4 years but are eligible for election for one further term of office of 4 years.
Reasonable expenses will be met.
Closing date: The closing date for applications is Tuesday 22nd June 2017 at 4pm
For a full description of the role and person specification, please contact Rebecca Ryan on 0161 707 0782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Submission of the following documents to Rebecca Ryan (contact details below) –
o Covering letter
• StreetGames Chair, Amanda Sater, is available for telephone consultation. A suitable time will be arranged upon request.
• Interviews will be on 6th July 2017 from 3pm in London, Kings Cross. Venue TBC.
• The term of office will begin in December 17 but successful applicants will be invited to the Board meeting on 12th September 2017.
StreetGames is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
For more information about StreetGames please follow the link below to download our strategic plan for 2013-17; you can also download our 2016 accounts here.
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.