about 3 years ago
Working for SMART
SMART work with people with drug and alcohol problems, as well as mental health and learning difficulties, who come into the category of “vulnerable adults”. This requires our trustees to undergo an enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check. SMART is committed to the principles of diversity and equality of opportunity and strives to ensure that its workforce is representative of the communities it serves.
Trustee – Volunteer
Location: No specified location.
Working hours: Able to attend four Board Meetings and one AGM each year as a minimum.
Salary range: Voluntary/Unpaid Position
We are currently looking for volunteers to bring their experience and knowledge to our board of trustees. The board is our governing body, providing strategy and direction and ensuring we’re run according to the rules. The Board of Trustees usually comprises of about ten volunteers. Members are broadly representative of the local community whilst bringing a particular area of knowledge, experience or expertise to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Board. We are keen to hear from anyone who is interested in the role. We are particularly keen to recruit people with the following skills, though people with other relevant skills are always welcome:
- HR and employee relations
- Marketing and PR
Trustees must be:
- committed to the aims and objectives of SMART
- ready to attend four Board Meetings and one AGM each year
- interested to meet staff and develop knowledge of the organisation’s function, roles and personnel
- willing to represent the organisation to other bodies
- ready to take an interest in a specific area of the organisation’s work or have a specific role within the Board.
In return we can offer you the following:
- work in a committed and passionate organisation
- learn new skills and gain different experiences
- develop your professional life
- opportunity to develop managerial experience
- meet a diverse range of people
- give back to your local community
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a Trustee, please get in touch with our CEO, Jon Perry, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 01869 350 028