over 2 years ago
At Leonard Cheshire Disability (LCD), we work for a society in which every person is equally valued. We believe that disabled people should have the freedom to live their lives the way they choose - with the opportunity and support to live independently, to contribute economically, and to participate fully in society.
About the role
The Trust Fundraising Team is looking for a trust fundraising and prospect research volunteer to support their fundraising work. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a large voluntary sector organisation and work with a dynamic fundraising team, raising funds from trusts and foundations for LCD’s programmes.
- Identifying and researching charitable trusts and foundations
- Designing, writing and submitting seasonal appeals
- Using Raiser’s Edge to maintain donor records and completing other general administrative tasks
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Good administrative skills
- Fluent in English
- Competent IT skills
- Previous fundraising experience would be an advantage
- Experience of using Raisers Edge or other fundraising databases (desirable, training is available)
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, a fast learner, friendly, reliable and have the ability to work on their own initiative. Ideally, candidates will be available for at least 2 days a week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
Reasonable out of pocket expenses will be covered.
Leonard Cheshire Disability Head Office is located at 66 South Lambeth Road, SW8 1RL. The office is a short walk from Vauxhall stations.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Lucy Smith at Lucy.Smith@leonardcheshire.org
In your covering letter, please outline what you would like to gain from volunteering with LCD and how you would be able to use your existing skills and experience to support our work.