about 2 months ago
Who we are
Established in 1968, International Food Information Service (IFIS) is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to fundamentally understand and best serve the information needs of the food community. Our vision is to be a global leader of innovative information solutions for food and health. We are committed to:
- Supporting those studying and working in the sciences of food and health by making it easier to access industry-specific information that can be trusted.
- Preserving integrity and accuracy in the fields of food and beverages.
- Furthering learning and development in the sciences of food and health across the world - especially in areas where access to our resources may be limited.
We wish to recruit a treasurer with a background in senior finance roles covering financial management, investment and defined benefit pension schemes. The role involves  contributing to the strategic direction of our organisation and  ensuring that management are delivering relevant and effective support to scientists, technologists and engineers around the world.
This is a voluntary role that involves attending quarterly meetings and providing occasional advice and support. Attendance can be virtual, but we prefer the treasurer to attend at least one meeting in person each year. Travel and accommodation expenses will be provided. Our offices are 25 minutes from London, Heathrow.
In total, the time commitment will amount to 5-6 days per year.
Trustees are appointed for a three-year term. This can be renewed by mutual agreement. No previous experience of serving on a Board is required as we will provide training.
- Scrutinising board papers
- Contributing to board decision making
- Providing guidance on new initiatives
- Ensuring the charity keeps proper accounts
- Reviewing the charity's financial perfomance
- Reviewing policies for finance & investment
- Ensuring that there are robust & effective financial controls in place
- Liaising with finance staff & with the charity's independent auditor
- Objectivity, fairness, integrity, respect, wisdom, discretion and good judgement
- A commitment to act solely in the best interests of IFIS without regard to personal interest or
- Readiness to take and be accountable for decisions made
- The necessary time to be an effective trustee
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- A good team player
- No significant potential conflicts of interest
How to apply
For further information about the role please email IFIS's Managing Director, Jonathan Griffin at email@example.com.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to IFIS's HR Manager, Claire Peggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline date for applications is 16th August 2021.