Travel expenses reimbursed
over 2 years ago
Locality is the national network of ambitious and enterprising community-led organisations, working together to help neighbourhoods thrive.
Our vision is a fair and diverse society where every neighbourhood thrives and where local peopledetermine their future together.
Our mission is to develop a network of ambitious and enterprising community-led organisations with a strong, collective voice and to inspire community action so that every neighbourhood thrives.
Our values drive our internal culture and are reflected in all our work: ambitious, fearless, respectful.
We are looking to appoint a Treasurer, who will have extensive financial expertise and experience. The position will have a maximum of two three-year consecutive terms.
All candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A general understanding of the principles which govern UK charities
- Strategic level work experience in the private, public or not-for-profit sector
- Connection to or interest in the work of Locality
- Senior level financial expertise and experience
- Strategic policy and communications experience at national level
- Strategic level management in a national not for profit organisation
We value diversity and the Board of Trustees is keen to achieve diversity in its membership. We would particularly welcome applications from disabled people and people from a minority ethnic background.
Locality is registered as a charity and a limited company. Therefore every Trustee is also a Director of the company and has legal responsibilities as well as potential limited liabilities.
This is a voluntary role however we will fully reimburse travel expenses.
Trustees are expected to attend and participate in the following:
- Four Board meetings per year (12-3pm in London)
- Annual General Meeting (held at our annual convention)
- One day residential away day for all staff and Trustees (which includes one of the 4 Board meetings)
How to apply
Candidates should provide a CV and a covering letter which sets out relevant experience, skills and the reasons for their interest in joining the Locality Board of Trustees. Please send (via email only) to: Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you have any access requirements so we can make appropriate adjustments for you to attend an interview.
Closing date for applications: 26 August 2016.
Interviews: September 2016
Candidates who are successful at interview will be given the opportunity to observe a meeting of the Board of Trustees. Following this they will be appointed onto the Board.
If you require any further information, please visit our website www.locality.org.uk or contact us on 020 7336 9404.