11 months ago
Who We Are
Roman River Music (https://romanrivermusic.org.uk/) is a charity seeking to advance appreciation and enjoyment of music, to provide education support in musical areas, and to reach all sections of the community, particularly the young and disadvantaged.
We have an excellent track record of staging a high quality annual arts festival in North Essex and South Suffolk, along with other performances during the year.
Our trustees, professional team and volunteers work together to deliver:
- Artistically excellent music events
- An education outreach programme
- Support to young artists
- Unique performances to increasingly diverse and new audiences
Our current focus is on developing a long term strategy to support ongoing growth. This presents an exciting opportunity to become more effective through organisational change and development, whilst still retaining our unique and much loved character.
What We Are Looking For
A Treasurer with responsibilities to:
- Oversee the organisation's financial affairs, ensuring they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures are in place
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation
- Oversee production of financial reports, returns, accounts and inspections
- Liaise with relevant staff, trustees and volunteers to ensure financial viability
- Make trustees aware of their financial obligations and interpret financial data to them
- Regularly report the financial position at trustee meetings
- Oversee production and trustees' adoption of an annual budget
- Ensure proper records are kept and effective financial procedures & controls are in place
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies
- Lead on appointing and liaising with an independent examiner
- Regularly carry out reconciliations / oversee regular reconciliations by the finance volunteer
Suitably qualified volunteers undertake bookkeeping, maintain a cash system, make and collect payments.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management
- Good financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
A covering letter and CV should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th September 2020. Interviews will be held during September 2020, with final appointment being subject to full trustee approval.