8 months ago
CPRE Hampshire is a busy branch of (although independent from) the leading national charity Campaign to Protect Rural England, established in 1926. We are a CIO and registered Charity No 1164410.
We have a rich heritage of supporting local communities in relation to environmental issues, with significant success across the county, including the creation of the South Downs National Park, and recent progress towards introducing a new Green Belt in the south of the county.
We are at an exciting point in our history and we need a dynamic, skilled Trustee to be Treasurer. We are continuously transforming the way we work to ensure we continue to achieve our objectives of a beautiful and thriving countryside for everyone to enjoy.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Overseeing the financial administration of CPRE Hampshire (with administrative support from our office administrator) and liaising with the examiner.
- Advising on the financial viability of plans, proposals, and feasibility studies.
- Leading in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management and investment policies.
- Keeping up to date with Charity Commission guidelines and handling the relationship with the Charity Commission.
- Overseeing the charity's financial risk management process, including leading in the Executive Committee's duty to ensure financial resources are properly controlled in line with good governance, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Acting as a counter signatory for cheques, bank payments and important applications to funders.
The ideal Treasurer will have an interest in CPRE Hampshire's objectives and enthusiasm for the challenges that a small charity experiences. They will bring experience of serving on boards and the gravitas and financial background needed to effectively carry out the role. They will be at ease working closely with the Chief Executive and Chair of our Branch.
We are looking for someone with strategic insight, someone who is not afraid to question but who will build positive relationships with other Trustees, volunteers and the office team. A strong financial, business or legal background is advantageous.
We value integrity, respect and responsibility along with a sense of humour! CPRE Hampshire is committed to building a diverse Executive Committee to reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all age, disability, race, religion, gender and sexual orientation
How to apply:
Please provide the following:
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive CV: Due to the nature of this post, two referees will be requested upon successful appointment
- Closing date: 31st August 2018
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and an informal discussion, please contact our Chair, Dee Haas, on 07831 325461.