over 2 years ago
Launched in 2012, the Positive View Foundation is a unique and ambitious charity that transforms the lives of disadvantaged young people through photography and film – whilst enjoying a high profile reputation amongst UK’s arts institutions and the international professional photography community.
Our personal develop projects are currently running on the Somerleyton estate, Lambeth, and will shortly be launched in Tower Hamlets and Hackney.
Positive View’s innovative and highly effective ten-week personal development programme is delivered by some of the UK’s most respected professional photographers and photography institutions. This is followed by Positive View’s ‘Into Work’ programme delivered by our partners The Rio Ferdinand Foundation.
We are now seeking a passionate, highly respected Treasurer who will relish the challenge of joining us - whilst transforming the lives of some of London’s most disadvantaged 16-25 year olds.
Treasurer and Trustee
Chair of the Board
Positive View is looking to recruit a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees. The candidate will be enjoying an extensive corporate and business reputation. Previous philanthropic experience in a similar role would be welcome, but is not essential. It is essential that candidates understand the very real issues experienced by those living on inner London’s most dispossessed estates.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic direction to a board of eight Trustees during this early period of growth and financial success
- Ensure that the board pursues its financial aims and objectives as defined in its governing documents, charity law, and other reforming charity regulations
- Mentoring and supporting the Financial Manager whilst encouraging future operational direction and charity growth
Main Responsibilities – Board of Trustees
- Advise the board of trustees in formulating and reviewing financial strategic plans and budgets
- Approve financial reports for quarterly board meetings, whilst monitoring financial follow-through and implementation
- Liaise with the Chair to build and maintain a healthy financial status whilst building a six-month reserve over time
- Helping in the opening of doors into corporate CSR budgets and future business partnerships
- An interest in the creative arts
- Creative and lateral thinking to help build future commercial and financial opportunities
- Enjoying a broad commercial network
- Sound financial leadship through a period of early growth and brand success
Visit website for more details: www.positiveview.org.uk
For more details or to apply for the role, please contact:
Founder and Chief Executive
Direct line: 020 8350 5820