about 2 years ago
Trainee Money Coach Volunteer
Location: London, England
Contract type: emporary / Interim
Are you passionate about helping local people?
What about the prospect of working with a social enterprise and helping it grow to have a greater impact in the community?
If the answer is yes, then this role is for you.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn all about welfare benefits, debt and money guidance advice.
Whether you already have some knowledge and you want to make use of this to help others, or if you have no experience and are keen to learn, this role could provide you with an interesting and challenging volunteering opportunity.
As a money coach volunteer you will offer advice to people experiencing financial difficulties. You may help by supporting with completing benefit claim forms, challenging decisions, negotiating with creditors to set up affordable debt repayments and more.
This role can be demanding and challenging, but also very rewarding. Internal and external training is available to provide you with all the skills and knowledge required to carry out this role.
The Trainee Money Coach Volunteer role will include the following tasks:
- Identifying benefits they may be entitled to
- Assisting them to make benefit claims
- Challenging decisions
- Negotiating with creditors to arrange affordable debt repayments
- Applying for grants
- Covering an advice outreach / drop-in surgery to offer support face to face
- Offering information by telephone, email or digitally
- Signposting or referring individuals on to other services and organisations where appropriate.
- Keeping accurate and up to date case notes
- On-going learning to ensure knowledge is kept up to date and accurate
- Support setting up and delivering money education workshops
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good administration skills.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to clearly articulate verbally and in written form.
- Good people skills.
- Strong organisation skills.
- You must be self-motivated and have good time management.
- Good I.T. skills (Microsoft office, outlook, using the internet)
We are looking for someone who has a desire to help people deal with the challenges of financial exclusion, debt and financial confidence.
We are looking for someone who is able to work as part of a team, non-judgmental in thinking and able to communicate and engage with diverse groups within the local communities.
Open to a flexible working approach.
- To have an interest in social / financial inclusion challenges in the local community.
- Have the ability to be creative and innovative within the scope of the role.
- Have a passion to bring positive change to the local community.
Impact to beneficiaries:
- This role will allow Money A+E to help more individuals & families to be better able to self-help with debt issues; increase their capacity to sustain tenancies & pay rent; increase their ability to prioritise and pay bills; increase their ability to cope with stress connecting with money challenges; improve their money management skills; increase their financial confidence; increase their awareness of the welfare reform changes; increase their knowledge about appropriate financial products/services; Increase their awareness and access to other support services.
- For individuals who volunteer with us or complete specific training programmes, they will gain work experience, employability skills or an accreditation.
Impact to Money A+E:
- This role will increase our capacity and support Money A+E in its scale-up to deliver more essential money advice and educational services to people in local communities.
You will be volunteering for a community focused organisation. You will be challenged in helping us grow within a current unstable economic climate.
You will make a significant difference in the lives of 100's of individuals and families impacted by austerity, low paid income and more.
You will have the opportunity to add to your work experience and develop your transferable skills.
Working with Money A+E will also allow you to improve your own financial confidence and money management.
If you are undertaking studies or research that relates to the role, it may be a great benefit to your coursework or reports.
When working from our office, public transport expenses & lunch will be reimbursed, subject to a daily maximum of £10.
2 days per week (flexibility open to discussion).
Mon - Thurs (flexibility open to discussion).
Minimum 12 months commitment.
CONTACT DETAILS TO APPLY
We will aim to respond to your interest as soon as reasonably possible. Please be patient with us and thank you for showing an interest.
Mobile: 07947 080 893