Up to £13.74 per hour
9 months ago
2 months +
Temporary Programme Assistant
My client is passionate in seeing a society where everyone with mental health problems can flourish. That won't happen unless people can improve their social circumstances. To drive positive change, they have created a programme: a new route into mental health social work for talented graduates and career-changers. It has become one of the country's most competitive graduate schemes, with high-profile support across the political spectrum, extensive media coverage, and over 23 applications for each place on the programme.
Seeking dynamic and highly motivated professional to join our Programme team on a temporary basis. You will play an important role in supporting the delivery of an innovative programme. This could be your opportunity to make a personal impact in delivering the transformative work.
The Temporary Programme Administrator will provide support to the programme in several ways. Working with a diverse range of stakeholders, the post holder must have experience of working in a supportive role with the ability to plan, support and coordinate a range of different projects. There will also be occasional travel to Nottingham. This role requires meticulous attention to detail with the flexibility to balance, anticipate and adapt to conflicting demands to deliver according to tight deadlines. Some of these projects will be will be time-limited.
This post is designed to support the Programme team in ensuring the effective overall delivery of the programme. The programme team consists of:
- A Programme Director who is an experienced mental health social worker and leads the team with overall responsibility for the design and delivery of the programme.
- A Programme Manager with responsibility for managing and planning the delivery of the programme.
- Two Programme Associates who support the coordination and planning of the programme's activities.
- Four Practice Specialists and a Lead Practice Specialist who are experienced mental health social workers, with responsibility for quality assuring the Programme.
- Processing participant and team expenses in a timely manner (3 cohorts).
- Completing monthly credit card reconciliation for the Programme Director.
- Booking travel and accommodation for the programme team and other stakeholders as required.
- Supporting the programme team in booking individual meetings with key partners and stakeholders.
- Managing the programme inbox and answering general programme or general enquiries, escalating complex enquiries as required.
- Supporting delegates and partners with ad-hoc practical and logistical requests.
- Supporting the Programme Delivery Associate and Programme Partnership Associate in sourcing meeting rooms and venues for a range of activities and events.
- Supporting the Programme Delivery Associate with operational and logistical planning of academic curriculum and leadership-related events, such as catering, and room set ups (particularly for Transition Week and Teaching Days)
- Diarising all programme team and external meetings as required, and in line with the team's project plan.
- Providing support to the programme team on specific projects and initiatives as required.
- Taking minutes for various meetings and following up on actions in a timely manner.
Salary: £13.75ph + Holiday
Location: Central London
Type: Part-time (3/4 days a week) - temporary
Start Date: August 2018