£32000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Team Manager - Housing & Support Charity
£32,000 per annum
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week - some weekends and evenings as required
Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive training and development programme, 25 days' annual (with option to buy/sell annual leave), contributory group pension scheme, free life assurance, Flexible working arrangements, Health cash plan, Enhanced payments for maternity/paternity leave, Career break opportunities.
About the Organisation:
TPP's client is a leading Housing & Support charity in London who provide supported housing for homeless customers with complex needs. They provide solutions to homelessness through shelter, support and advice to over 1500 each year across four London boroughs.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has opened up to manage a 50 bed site which accommodates homeless adults across three sites in Bromley with varying complexities and support needs.
Reporting to the Area Managers you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside our customers, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to help identify their strengths and skills so they can achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Managing all aspects of service delivery including casework management, staff line management and the daily running of busy hostels.
- Promoting an inclusive and passionate culture
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A natural ability to motivate, lead and develop a team
- A track record of leading teams who consistently meet targets
- An excellent understanding of the issues affecting homelessness and a proven track record in managing support services for vulnerable people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop good working relationships with customers, colleagues and external contacts.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and written, and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
If you have experience of managing a fast-paced supported housing environment, have a thorough understanding of the needs that homeless people face today, and be able to lead a team to provide the best possible opportunities to the customers, please send your CV email@example.com, quoting reference J62071PG, and we will be in touch. If you are shortlisted, we will send you an online application form to complete as part of the recruitment process.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community, including people who have experienced homelessness themselves.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and will require an Enhanced DBS.
Closing date for applications: 28th August 2017