4 months ago
We are looking for multiple volunteers to run our 3 Breakfast Clubs, launching in September. We are looking for passionate teachers, teaching assistants and youth workers who are passionate about anti-racism and influencing our youth of today.
The Breakfast Clubs will run as a 10-week Saturday Club to educate children on institutional racism in the UK, teach them about anti-racism and give them leadership skills so they are able to make positive steps towards equality for themselves and the next generation.
We are accepting Year 6 & 7 students.
The first 3 Breakfast Clubs are in the following locations:
- East Dulwich/Peckham
We are looking for volunteers to commit to running the breakfast clubs for the 10 week period starting in September - December 2021. You will be the main point of contact for the young people and you MUST be able to commit to the full 10 week period.
We wil be running a volunteer training weekend during the summer to teach our volunteers the curriculum that will be covered in the 10 sessions and to give you the support network that you will need to make this a success.
- Must have recent experience with young people
- Experience with young people between 10-12 years old (Year 6 & 7)
- Ideally will be local to one of the Breakfast Club locations (so you can understand the experiences of youth in the local area)
- Passionate about anti-racism
- Able to learn and follow a curriculum
- Able to influence and excite young people on the topic of anti-racism and a more positive future
We are looking for 2 x volunteers for EACH LOCATION (total 6 volunteers)
1 x Teacher
1 x Teachers Assistant/Group Facilitator
How to Apply
You can apply on our website:
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or for more information.