Reasonable travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
about 2 years ago
Charity: Diabetes UK
Volunteer role title: Swim 22 Intern
Directorate: Engagement & Fundraising
Team: Community & Events Fundraising
Reporting to: Vivienne Martin, Fundraising Events Manager
About our internships
Volunteer interns are highly valued for the skills and energy they bring to Diabetes UK. Whether you’re a student, graduate or considering a change in career, our internships are a great way to develop new skills, gain practical experience of working in the charity sector and make a real difference to the lives of people with diabetes.
About this role
We are recruiting for an ambitious intern to join our team to support with one of our flagship events; Swim 22. The event has grown year on year and this year we need extra support ensuring that we make the most of the momentum this event has.
We are aiming to help you develop your event management and fundraising experience so that you are able to secure a permanent role within the charity sector. As such, you will play an important role in influencing the success of the Swim 22 event, and the internship will include a project – managing our Swim22 Launch Party - as well as other key events role elements such as supporting participants.
The role include but won’t be limited to:
- Supporting participants and developing strong relationships to ensure they’re engaged with Diabetes UK and raise the maximum amount possible
- Identifying key supporters and tailoring stewardship plans for them
- Project management of the Swim 22 Launch Party in February
- Supporting with administrative tasks
- Supporting social media
- Supporting with management of suppliers
The skills you need
You will be:
- Eager to learn
- Highly organised
- Passionate about event logistics and supporter engagement
- Creative and have confidence to put forward new ideas
You will have experience of:
- Working or volunteering in a charity or events setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Creativity and a willingness to confidently put forward new ideas
- Commitment to the role for the duration of the internship.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to develop your fundraising skills within a friendly team who are keen to deliver an internship that will help you start your charity career
- The opportunity to support a unique project that will have a real and lasting impact on the lives of people with diabetes
- Regular supervision and support from the Fundraising Events Manager
- Access to Diabetes UK’s comprehensive training and development platform
- Travel and lunch expenses.
The internship will run for a period of 3-4 months with a possible extension if it works for both parties. Ideally 3/4 days per week, however volunteer hours are negotiable - it could be a full time post - but this can be discussed and agreed between the intern and manager.
This is an unpaid internship, but we will reimburse travel expenses within London zones 1-6, and all reasonable lunch expenses.
Diabetes UK, Wells Lawrence House, 126 Back Church Lane, London, E1 1FH
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your supporting statement should address the following question: Why you’re interested in the role, how you meet the criteria, what will you bring to the role and what do you hope to gain from this volunteer internship?
(Maximum 500 words).
Application closing date
Tuesday 10th November, 5pm
Commencing 17th November
To find out more about this role, please contact Vivienne Martin on 0345 123 2399 or email@example.com
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.