13 days ago
The role will be volunteering Supporter Relations Team, working alongside a small, friendly team to help deliver outstanding service to supporters of our charity. The team is responsible for processing donations, speaking to supporters over the phone, post and email and looking after event administration. The role of the Supporter Relations Team Office Volunteer is varied, from helping to send out fundraising packs to new supporters to carrying out administrative work on the computer.
We are Bloodwise, the largest UK blood cancer charity and the biggest dedicated funder of research into all types of blood cancer. We've been working to beat blood cancer for over 50 years and we won't stop until we do. Our investment in research has been fundamental to the UK developing a strong research base in blood cancers that is recognised for its quality around the world.
- Fulfilment - putting together fundraising packs to post out to supporters taking part in events for Bloodwise, labelling envelopes and helping the team with large mailouts.
- Data Entry - using the database to enter supporter contact information, direct debits, events registrations and reviewing direct debit information.
- Stock takes - undertaking regular stock takes of fundraising materials held in the office.
- Administration -ad hoc administrative tasks such as labelling envelopes, laminating and using a guillotine and occasionally supporting the team with processing donations during busier periods.
What will I get out of it?
- A greater understanding of the work Bloodwise does
- Experience of working in a busy fundraising office
- The opportunity to develop your administration and customer service skills
- The chance to have fun and meet you new people!
How much time do I need to give?
4-6 hours a week, preferably across one day
What skills do I need to succeed in this role?
- Good ICT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- A friendly and can-do attitude
- A good standard of written and spoken English
- Flexible and proactive
- Experience of working with a database is desirable
How do I apply?
Please fill in our online application form and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about volunteering at Bloodwise, please visit www.bloodwise.org.uk/fundraising/volunteer