£36517.00 - £39218.00 per annum
3 months ago
TPP are excited to be working with an incredible charity that support children with a disability. They are there for every child that needs them.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team. The supporter care team leader and the fundraising compliance officer will report into you.
Do you enjoy being part of a busy team? Do you take pride in ensuring complaints are dealt with in the best way possible? Do you have a broad understanding of compliance processes?
The purpose of this role:
To lead the Supporter Care team's provision of effective, efficient and customer-focused supporter care services to donors and supporters, giving a consistently positive experience of the charity through appropriate enquiry handling and accurate data and payment processing; to influence the activities of all fundraising teams, establishing and monitoring compliance with set standards and best practice and ensuring processes are in place to support and demonstrate responsible fundraising.
1. Oversee the effectiveness of our inbound supporter care services to ensure consistently high standards are delivered; create, maintain and make use of management information to spot trends and identify opportunities to improve; provide comprehensive, regular insightful reporting and work with managers and staff across the organisation to ensure key findings inform our activity.
2. Develop and implement processes to ensure Supporter Care team members have a detailed and up to date understanding of the work of the charity, including current and planned marketing activities, relevant press coverage and other initiatives or developments likely to generate inbound calls or messages.
3. Set up and manage comprehensive frameworks to ensure our fundraising activities comply with legislation, guidance and best practice; provide leadership and support to the Fundraising Compliance Officer, facilitating their work by securing commitment from fundraising Heads to provide sufficient focus on compliance and quality assurance. Take an active role in ensuring the organisation is aware of and responds to any relevant regulatory changes.
4. Regularly review the team's technical solutions, including our online ticketing software and call handling system, to ensure we have appropriate tools in place and that they are correctly implemented to best serve our needs.
5. Proactively engage with the Head of Application Support and Supporter Marketing teams to make best use of the organisational CRM database to support our work; develop and document agreed approaches to recording and acting upon information received, including communication preference requests (whether received direct from the supporter or via suppression lists such as the Fundraising Preference Service), and monitor adherence on an ongoing basis.
6. Negotiate, agree and maintain service level agreements both internally and with external suppliers to help ensure the organisation achieves its goal of providing excellent supporter care.
7. Ensure the organisational Complaints Policy and procedures are followed, that effective systems are in place to promptly investigate, manage, monitor and report on complaints, and that database functionality is in place to support this.
8. Directly oversee investigations into serious or unusual complaints received, providing guidance to the Supporter Care team, reviewing and approving complaint responses, and acting as a point of escalation in line with agreed processes. Manage the charity's relationship with the Fundraising Regulator, liaising, negotiating and providing reports and feedback to specific complaints as appropriate.
9. Scope, develop, review and improve data flow processes between the charity and its third party providers to ensure data is accurate, meets data protection requirements and is in the correct format to be processed correctly and meet any contractual requirements in place.
10. Ensure adequate systems are in place to manage the financial risks associated with Direct Debit and single donation processing, including clear unambiguous briefing of suppliers, timely monitoring of payment reports, and the development of agreed processes to ensure business continuity in the case of staff absences.
11. Provide excellent leadership and management to the Supporter Care team, through regular individual and team meetings, and in line with the organisation's supervision, one-to-one and annual appraisal processes. Motivate and inspire team members and encourage and support development.
Essential skills and experience
1. Substantial experience of providing excellent standards of customer service or supporter care via a dedicated team, including the management of a busy telephone helpline.
2. Detailed understanding of the role and potential of CRM databases to manage supporter administration and communication, and hands on experience of using a database effectively in this way.
3. Accurate and persuasive written and verbal communication skills, an enviable eye for detail, and the ability to instil these qualities into the daily work of the team.
4. Proven success in managing difficult or complex complaints or queries; using well-honed skills in planning, structuring and writing tailored correspondence to successful resolution.
5. Highly developed organisational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise competing demands, respond to unexpected changes in plans, and to take responsibility for the delivery of own workload.
6. Ability to maintain and encourage a calm approach and positive outlook under pressure, to be diplomatic and to be solution focused.
7. Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to give clear direction and provide appropriate levels of autonomy based on individual situations.
8. Ability to interpret complex legal and regulatory requirements and communicate them simply and clearly to non-specialist staff.
9. Practical understanding of consumer rights around data protection, communication preferences and security of financial transactions, with a commitment to maintain and develop expertise further in these areas.
10. An appreciation of the importance of fundraising in enabling the organisation to deliver its programme of services, and the ability to explain this confidently and effectively to a diverse audience.
Desirable skills and experience
Experience in a fundraising or supporter services role in a charity with a significant fundraising programme, particularly one that includes significant face-to-face fundraising activity.
If this role is of interest please get in touch ASAP