about 1 year ago
Why do we need your support?
Rays of Sunshine brightens the lives of seriously and terminally ill children aged between 3 and 18 years old and their families across the UK.
Our work includes:
- Granting wishes, which can be as unique as the children themselves - from being a princess or a fireman for the day to a trip to Disneyland
- Working with children's hospitals and hospices to host activity days and grant Hospital Ward Wishes (e.g. installing play areas and sensory rooms)
- Organising large-scale outings and events including an annual concert which in 2016 was at The SSE Arena, Wembley
As a Sunshine Researcher, we need your local knowledge to help us build relationships in your area, to raise vital funds and enable us to grant more magical wishes.
You will be:
- Researching community groups, schools and businesses in your area that have the potential to support Rays of Sunshine
- Helping us to identify businesses in your area who select an annual charity of the year partnership and how we can apply
- Building a database of local groups such as rotary and inner wheel, we could approach to hold an event for us
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Strong written skills
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, email and the internet
- Self-motivated and able to use your own initiative
- Good knowledge of your local area
What support will I be given?
- A full induction to help you understand our work and your role and how much of a difference you will be helping us to make
- You'll be given templates and guidelines on what research we need your support with
- Kirsty will be in regular contact with you to make sure you're on the right track and to offer any support or help if needed.
- Kirsty will also feedback on any support we receive as a direct result of your research
Where will I be based?
- This is a flexible computer based role, which means you can work from any location where you have access to email and the internet.
- Due to the nature of this role, you can easily fit your research around your existing personal and work commitments.
This is perfect for you if you're looking for a way to volunteer and give back but are short on time and unable to commit to a certain number of volunteering hours per week or month.
Ready to join Team Sunshine?
To find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with Kirsty on 020 8782 1171 or firstname.lastname@example.org