£21.98 - £23.08 per hour
11 days ago
A leading institution are currently recruiting for a temporary Subject Area Manager for eight weeks. You will play a key role in supporting faculty in their research and teaching through the delivery and development of the subject area strategic plan.
You will be providing operational support to the Subject Area Chair (SAC) in administrative leadership of faculty assistants as well as delivering the plan.
With this role - you will lead and oversee the delivery of key activities within their subject area to support excellence in teaching through:
- Working closely with the Subject Area Chair in the recruitment and onboarding of new faculty.
- Leading a team of faculty assistants to ensure administrative services are delivered efficiently.
- Acting as the principal point of contact between other departments, the Subject Area Manager and key external stakeholders.
- Oversee and monitor course delivery to ensure compliance with relevant academic policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and contractors as required to integrate new learning solutions as appropriate.
- Understand the Subject Area strategy and assist the Subject Areas chairs in preparing their annual strategy meeting.
- Contribute to the development of broader operational plans.
- Lead on research and outreach activities designed to expand the group's research output and visibility.
- Manage five faculty assistants.
- Responsible for subject area budgets and fulfilling financial management requirements.
You will have:
- Previous line management experience as well as developing and motivating a team.
- Experience of working within Higher Education.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Financial management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
This role can be completely on campus in central / north-west London, or it can be a mix of three days on campus and two days remote working. This is an immediate start so if you have the above experience and available to start straight away, this will be a great role for you.
Please send across your updated CV to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference number J76174RD if you would like to be considered for this great opportunity.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.