£34304.00 - £43434.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
A leading university based on the outskirts of Coventry are seeking 3 Strategy & Planning Analysts to join their team on a permanent basis.
The Strategic Planning and Analytics Office provides a range of business intelligence and insight services to support evidence-driven decision making, strategic planning, benchmarking, reporting, forecasting and analysis across the University to support the delivery of the Group's Corporate Strategy. In addition, the Strategic Planning and Analytics Office are responsible for key statutory submissions and lead a collaborative group-wide data governance framework.
The post holder will work closely with colleagues from across the business to deliver a range of robust reporting and analytical insight to relevant stakeholders across the University with a People data (human resources) focus
- Supporting the delivery and interpretation of analytical insights with a focus on People Team business requirements, systems and relevant associated datasets, as well as focus on People data for the whole Group.
- To liaise closely with stakeholders to understand, gather and document requirements from stakeholders that underpin the development of fit for purpose dashboards, reports and other insight delivered within the relevant reporting environment. These may include but are not limited to Success Factors, i-Trent, Workforce Analytics, Tableau, Business Objects and other relevant reporting environments.
- To design, deliver and maintain a suite of dashboards to support operational, tactical and strategic information requirements, including supporting design and procedural documentation.
- To implement metrics that monitor and benchmark performance internally and across the sector utilising appropriate data sources and methods in line with operational and strategic objectives.
- To develop accurate statistical and predictive models to support forecasting and trend analysis, incorporating appropriate data sources and methods that underpin business decisions.
- Analyse and present complex information about the Group and the HE sector in a clear and concise manner
- To develop an understanding of related data sources, not limited to but including student, estates, research and finance data to enable robust joined-up reporting across data sets.
- Act as a champion for colleagues in their use of published dashboards and reports, providing clear supporting guidance and documentation.
Essential experience required:
- Qualified to degree level. Or significant equivalent experience
- Significant experience of the delivery of robust analysis, insight, and reporting.
- Experience in the delivery of business intelligence, preferably from human resource systems using reporting tools such as Tableau, Business Objects or similar, reporting and dashboarding tools.
- Experience in the development of predictive/ statistical models including the interpretation of outcomes.
- Good knowledge of a range of administrative software packages, especially the use of databases and advanced Excel functions.
- High level of experience in the communication of outputs from complex analyses, to a diverse range of audiences and using a range of methods (reports, presentation etc) and visualisations (and appropriate software).
- Experience of project-based activities.
- Postgraduate or relevant professional qualification in the area of Data Science or Analytics/Mathematical sciences /Information Management/Statistics, or similar equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in an analytical capacity with a human resources focus, within a Higher Education context for example including support for; pensions, payroll, gender pay gap and living wage reporting, renumeration analysis, rewards and benefits.
- Experience of human resource systems such as Success Factors, i-Trent, Workforce Analytics and SAP HANA.
- Experience of other reporting software such as Alteryx, Tableau Prep, Power BI, or similar analytical products.
- Experience of statistical methods and packages (SPSS, R, NViVO) to support quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Experience in the interpretation of and reporting from complex data sources preferably relating to the HE sector.
Please apply with your CV today if you meet the criteria above and a member of our team will review your CV. If you meet the criteria required then a member of our team will be in touch. If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occassion.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.