OS Temp Team
almost 4 years ago
Strategic Advisor - Fixed Term Contract - 4 months - Salary Negotiable
Our client, an employer led body investing in careers education and advice for young people, are looking for a Strategic Advisor to join their team on a fixed term contract basis for 4 months. You will be supporting the development of their strategy to encourage greater investment into the careers education system, providing opportunities for all young people.
1. Conduct a market assessment of careers provision including:
a. Refining their understanding of the cost to fund the system using current evidence and international comparators
b. Identifing the funding gap by understanding the level of investment currently made in the system by the client, Schools and Colleges, Government agencies (e.g. DfE, BEIS, DWP, others), philanthropists and others.
c. Identifying where the investment in the system is currently spent (e.g by geography and target group)
2. Develop a strategy for bridging the funding gap by attracting additional investment into the system. This will include:
a. working with key stakeholders to understand their interest, engagement and strategic priorities
b. identifying and evaluating possible options for attracting new investment including but not limited to:
i. philanthropic funding
ii. making the case for additional government investment
iii. social impact bonds
iv. public donations
c. Using your influencing and relationship skills to gain buy in to the proposed funding approach from key sector stakeholders
3. Develop a strategy to coordinate and focus the current investment in the sector to:
a. Ensure it is spent on activities which make the greatest impact
b. Is targeted at need
c. Provides as much consistency as possible
4. Create the implementation roadmap for the strategies, identifying a programme of work and setting up structures and processes as is appropriate to support this
- Strategic thinker with experience developing strategies
- Experience of market assessment and data analysis
- Team player willing to work across departments, particularly closely with our research team
- Creative problem solver able to work with incomplete and partial data sets to draw insights/conclusions that can be relied upon
- Good communicator capable of distilling complex concepts into simple and digestible presentations
Salary negotiable. Please note that as this role is a 4 month Fixed Term Contract, ideally starting at the beginning of June, only candidates that are immediately available or available on short notice will be condisered. Please apply today!
We value diversity at TPP and welcome applications from all sections of the community.