about 1 year ago
Volunteer positions: Sports Events Volunteers
Location: Various locations
We are looking for volunteers to help at our sports events. We hold an extensive programme of sports events across the UK to raise money for the fight against blood cancer - from the London Landmarks Half Marathon to the Bloodwise Blenheim Palace Triathlon. In order to organise these events, we need support - if you are interested in learning more and making a real difference to people with blood cancer please read on!
We are Bloodwise, the largest UK blood cancer charity and the biggest dedicated funder of research into all types of blood cancer. We've been working to beat blood cancer for over 50 years, and we won't stop until we do. Our investment in research has been fundamental to the UK developing a strong research base in blood cancers that is recognised for its quality around the world.
We are looking for volunteers to get involved in our sports events in all sorts of ways. This includes:
- General volunteer - We have post-race receptions at a lot of our events where we meet our participants to congratulate them and provide refreshments. Before they arrive it's all hands-on deck and we need help getting everything ready and ensuring it all runs smoothly throughout the day. It's a great chance to congratulate our supporters after they've completed their challenge.
- Meet and Greet - The finishing line at an event can be very busy so we need volunteers to meet our supporters and guide them to our post-race reception
- Cheer points - Our cheer points are dotted along event routes and give a much-needed boost to runners, cyclists and triathletes. Each cheer point is armed with noise-makers to keep our participants going.
- Photographers - We need photographers to take photos of our amazing participants for them and future marketing.
- Masseuses - After an event our participants are often in need of a sports massage, if you are a qualified masseuse then please get in touch.
- Bucket collections - We hold bucket collections at the Great North Run at the charity village and at train stations around the country. This gives us a chance to raise awareness and funds at the same time!
What will I get out of it?
- Contribute to the fight against blood cancer
- Meet like-minded people
- Help your community
How much time do I need to give?
Any time you can give would be appreciated, whether you are able to contribute the occasional evening or weekend day or are looking to volunteer on a regular basis we would love to hear from you!
How do I apply?
Please fill in our online application form and e-mail it to email@example.com
For more information about volunteering at Bloodwise, please visit www.bloodwise.org.uk/fundraising/volunteer