6 months ago
WaterAid's aim is to help some of the world's poorest people to enjoy the benefits that safe water and basic sanitation can bring. We work with local partners, who understand local issues, and provide them with the skills and support to help communities set up and manage practical and sustainable projects that meet their real needs. We also campaign locally and internationally to change policy and practice and ensure water and sanitation's vital role in reducing poverty is recognised. For more information please see www.wateraid.org.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
This volunteering role is ideal for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual, with strong interpersonal communication skills, and an interest in developing transferable office based skills, within the busy environment of an international charity.
The main purpose of this role is to assist around the recruitment and stewardship for the WaterAid Speaker Network, which is a voluntary network of over 250 Speakers committed to delivering talks and workshops to people around the UK; sharing our important messages around clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene.
This role will also include administrative processes such as using excel and a database.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS:
- Research volunteer recruitment opportunities (online and face to face) across the UK and sending out recruitment materials around the Speaker Network.
- Update the Effra database, including updating details around volunteer Speakers and audiences.
- Updating and organising volunteer resource packs.
- Taking part in stewardship calls for Speaker volunteers.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a supporter facing role, with face to face, telephone and email communication.
- Experience managing multiple tasks to deadlines, with close attention to detail and proactively prioritising own workload.
- Experience of administrative tasks such as using excel.
Skills and qualities
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for the charity sector.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Strong IT skills - competent at MS Word and Excel.
- Commitment to WaterAid's ethos, work and values.
Please send your CV and a covering letter (no more than 1 A4 page) answering the question below to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing Community Engagement Office Volunteer application.
What are your most important skills and previous experience that you would utilise within this role?
The successful candidate will be offered the position subject to a short trial.