6 months ago
ConnectionHub is a UK-registered charity offering blended learning programmes to refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece. Currently, the lack of educational opportunities leaves refugees and asylum seekers in Lesbos, Greece exposed to a future of social exclusion, precarious employment, exploitation, and poverty.
ConnectionHub's mission is to provide education and integration opportunities via blended learning pathways to people in crisis and conflict contexts, in order to reduce this human suffering and exploitation. Blended learning, which utilises both online and offline educational material and support, is proven to better facilitate student's learning journey; with this approach we hope to give refugees and asylum seekers the chance to develop new skills that will build their capacities as individuals, help them bridge the literacy gap, and support them to change the trajectory of their lives by creating job opportunities and economic empowerment. ConnectionHub's programmes are accessible to displaced people regardless of legal status, gender, age, or ethnic identity.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Software Developer to help with the development of our online learning platform. You will build and maintain our online campus to run smoothly on different devices and networks and improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You have a strong knowledge of programming languages and experience working with Wordpress and configuring plugins.
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Collaborate with the IT Team and product development team to determine the scope and expectations of the project.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on ConnectionHub needs.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs to meet specifications.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software and plugins.
- Gather and evaluate user feedback and make adjustments as necessary.
- Preparing reports on product specifications, activities, or status.
- Desired: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a software developer, software engineer, or similar role.
- Strong track record of working with software design and development in a startup environment.
- Able and willing to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and able to meet tight deadlines.
All volunteers are required to have a valid DBS certificate.
Please email us at email@example.com for a volunteer form to be completed and sent by email alongside your most recent CV and covering letter, detailing your interest in the role, your relevant experience and evidence of how you meet our criteria.
Due to the high level of applications we are currently receiving we will only contact you if you are successful.