3 months ago
Social Media Volunteer
This role involves supporting Blenheim's Marketing and Communications team to build our social media presence across a number of channels, promote our key messages and help to engage with a broad and varied audience.
Blenheim is a leading charity that helps people struggling with alcohol and substance misuse across London by providing accessible support and help to end their dependency. We have a number of recovery services throughout London. Each of these services provides free, friendly, and non-judgmental support, offering unique and tailored services to the individuals and their communities. For over 50 years Blenheim has been pioneering services and social action. As a charity, we are committed to innovating and campaigning for best practice and positive change in the alcohol and substance misuse field.
- Happy to work remotely or in Blenheim's central office
- Able to offer at least 2-3 hours a week
- Clear verbal/written communication skills
- IT skills - with interest in and knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn
- A confident, friendly approach and a willingness to learn
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance
- Over 18
We expect our volunteers to:
- Commit to volunteering regularly each week and to be consistent and punctual
- Be respectful to all service users and team members.
- Attend and complete relevant training
- Participate in supervision sessions with your supervisor
- Follow Blenheim protocols as directed by staff
What volunteers can expect from us:
- Regular supervision
- Induction and access to online and face to face training
- To learn and practice new skills within a team work setting
- To feel part of a team and the wider Blenheim organisation
- Travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey
- For volunteers working 6 hours or more in one session, reimbursement of lunch up to a maximum value of £4 on production of receipts
Tasks and Duties
- Support the work of the marketing and communications team by producing regular, targeted and impactful content across a number of social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
- Explore opportunities to utilise innovative digital solutions that increase Blenheim's audience, improve engagement with our target demographics, and promote the organisation's wider goals.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://blenheimcdp.org.uk/jobs/joblistings/