about 1 month ago
Wandsworth Learning Difficulties & Learning Disabilities Network (WLDN) is a service user involvement project at Wandsworth Care Alliance (WCA). Its aim is to empower people with Learning Difficulties & Disabilities and their carers to speak up and express their views about the services that matter to them and contribute to the development and improvement of these services.
We have an immediate need for a Social Media Volunteer to support the development and maintenance of the Wandsworth Learning Difficulties & Learning Disabilities Network (WLDN) social media channels.
Visual communications is a vital part of WLDN's engagement with service users and partners and we want to develop and expand our online presence through raising awareness on matters that affect the community, keeping stakeholders up to date with WLDN events and news, as well as sharing and interacting with both the local and wider community to maximise our impact.
The post will involve making links with appropriate new organisations to build and sustain new relationships within our current and future online community.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an eye for detail. A strong interest in working within the learning difficulties and the charity sectors.
- Excellent knowledge of web and social media. Have experience and confident using Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Internet, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Create social media content and draft the scheduling of social media posts for WLDN networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other networks implemented in the future.
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc.
- Creating and uploading short films and storytelling on social media sites.
- Growing followers on social media platforms, keeping social media platforms updated, ideally at least two to three times per week, encouraging others to comment and share posts.
- Encouraging members to follow and contribute to discussions and share with each other.
- Moderating and responding to comments and messages on social media platforms.
- Keeping up to date with WLDN events and news and the activity of other organisations and charities in the local and national network and choosing and sharing what to promote through our social media feeds.
- Assist in building content for the WLDN newsletter and post on social media platforms and distribution via email distribution list.
- Collaborating with LD manager on new ideas, directions, and communications.
- Ability to follow instructions and guidance, but also to work independently.
- Good understanding of confidentiality.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be required.
- Raise community profile with libraries, GP surgeries and community based organisations. Ensure communication is consistent and reflects LD's vision.
- Report on social media insight data to monitor and evaluate success, on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of leaflets and other publicity materials.
- Opportunity to create a map of learning difficulties organisations, groups and venues in Wandsworth.
- Visiting other projects and attend our events within the Borough with a view to writing articles about them on our social media platforms.
- Creating a local communications and content calendars cataloging local and national campaigns on learning difficulties for promoting via social media.
What will you get from volunteering with Wandsworth Care Alliance?
- The opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence.
- The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences.
- You will be able to update your CV and use your experience with Wandsworth Learning Difficulties and Disabilities Network to seek work in learning difficulties, charity or other fields of employment.
- The opportunity to help Wandsworth Learning Difficulties and Disabilities Network make a difference in the community.
- Access to relevant local training, at the discretion of LD manager.
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with the Wandsworth Care Alliance Policy.
- Wandsworth Care Alliance Induction and support from LD manager.
- Supervision proportionate to the volunteers' time commitment and needs, a minimum of one a week for the first three months.
Please note that this is an unpaid position. We are looking for a volunteer who is available to volunteer for 4 hours per week: although this position is unpaid we offer excellent references upon the successful completion of your assignment.
Deadline for completed applications: 27/09/19
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to, LDProject@wandcareall.org.uk or call Lukasz Birycki on 020 8516 7764.