City of London
Up to £36000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
3 months ago
Calling all Social Media Managers!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join a leading energy sustainability charity where you will use your first-class digital marketing skills to help develop and implement the organisations new social media strategy. You will scan the horizon looking for opportunities to maximise the delivery and reach of the organisations social media content and manage the schedule for our organic Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube posts. Working closely with the Head of Content, you'll report on analytics and activity and provide in-house social media advice and education across the organisation
Main responsibilities will include:
- As the Social Media Manager you will write concise, impactful, audience-led social copy that cuts through jargon.
- Generate new content ideas to improve the organisations key audience engagement and capture attention.
- Lead day-to-day digital community moderation and engagement, escalating concerns and risks as appropriate.
- Report monthly on social media activity to their senior team and share your insights with key internal stakeholders.
- Keep your eye on the social media landscape to ensure the organisation keep up to date with new trends.
Your experience will include:
- You will have proven experience of developing and implementing a social media strategy and improving engagement
- As Social Media Manager, you will have experience of managing, scheduling and moderating Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Demonstrable writing experience for social media, with the ability to turn complex issues into succinct, compelling content
- Ability to create images, GIFs and other social content using Canva and Biteable (or Adobe packages desirable)
With the cost of living at its highest level in the last decade, it's more important than ever that people have easy access to independent, trusted advice and information so this is a great opportunity for someone to help households reduce their energy bills, save money, and lower their carbon footprint
To apply for this role, please send your CV and 400-500 word cover letter, highlighting why you think your skills and experience are suitable for the position and why you would like to work for a charity with the environment and sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
The closing date for applications is 15th of April with interviews will commence the following week.
We look forward to receiving your application
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.