Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
3 months ago
Volunteer Social Media Manager
Do you keep up with the latest trends and know how to engage people online? Then you could be the ideal person to help us raise awareness of our homeless charity in Milton Keynes, The Bus Shelter MK.
We are looking for a volunteer social media manager who has the experience to make the most of our social media accounts.
The Bus Shelter MK is a much loved homeless charity in Milton Keynes that is now entering an exciting development period. Since we opened in March 2018 we have provided accommodation to over 65 people who would otherwise be sleeping on the street while we support them to find work and a long term home. Now, we are set to move our operation to a brand new site, so you'd be joining at an exciting time.
As our Volunteer Social Media Manager you could help us by keeping our page active and interesting by coming up with new content, sharing stories and photos on social media, as well as coming up with ideas to help us grow our social media presence on different platforms to raise awareness of the charity and the fantastic work we do.
You will need to be a self starter as we are only a small team with limited time to help, so you will be expected to learn quickly and be able to run everything with limited input from the trustees.
We believe in the power of people to make a difference in their communities, one day at a time. Our volunteers have already seen and felt the impact that they can have on the lives of those who find themselves homeless. So if this sounds like your kind of role, please get in touch.
You will help with:
- Creating engaging social media content and scheduling social media posts, liaising with trustees and volunteers as needed
- Creating and sending regular email newsletters
- Managing content calendars, inputting key social media activities and updating as necessary
- Managing our social media community including moderating, liking and responding to comments and messages
- Growing our followers on social media platforms
- Identifying key influencers and businesses that we might want to engage with.
- Reporting on social media insight data to monitor and evaluate success
- Monitoring other organisation's social media to identify trends
If you would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com .