North West London, London
25 days ago
Come and join the team and make a real difference by volunteering at one of our St John's Hospice Charity shops.
St John's Hospice provides free care and support for people living with a long-term illness in Central and North West London. We meet the needs of patients through our inpatient unit, day centre, Hospice at Home team and community care services.
To run all these services each year the Hospice must raise over £2.5 million annually in voluntary donations alone!
The Hospice Shop is a vital source of income for the Hospice with thousands of pounds raised from the sale of items each month and it wouldn't be possible without volunteers like you.
Why should I volunteer?
- You'll gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience.
- You'll get the chance to meet people across your community and make new friends
- Volunteering in one of our shops will give you experience such as teamwork, communication and using your initiative.
- The team will be there to support and encourage you to boost your confidence.
- If you or a loved one has been affected by a life limiting illness, it's a great way to give your time to help a worthwhile cause.
- It's fun - you'll gain real satisfaction from working as part of a team.
No matter how you choose to get involved, there are lots of opportunities waiting for you.
You don't need any experience to volunteer
You just need to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy working as part of a team.
There are many different roles within the shop you can choose from and there's also no minimum time commitment.
The minimum age for volunteering in our shops is 16
If you are aged between 14-16 you may still be able to volunteer in our shops, but you must be on a recognised scheme, for example the Duke of Edinburgh or work alongside a parent or guardian.
What do shop volunteers do?
Volunteers are involved in a wide range of roles and day-to-day activities that support the running of each store for two hours or more a week.
Typical volunteering tasks in our charity shops include:
- Serving customers, taking cash and providing good all-round customer service
- Sorting through donated item, finding hidden gems and pricing stock
- Working on window and shop displays
- Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
- Interacting with the general public
Do you have specific retail skills to donate? We're also looking for volunteers with skills and ideas around visual merchandising, identifying stock generation channels and raising awareness of our charity shops. Using your local knowledge, you could help to maximize the shop's potential.
Email email@example.com to express your interest or call on 020 7806 4049. You'll get an email with an application form and the volunteer coordinator will get in touch to discuss your application.
You will then be able to come into one of the shops for a trial session:
St Johns Hospice Charity Shop
187 Finchley Road
020 7624 5938
St Johns Hospice Charity Shop
86 St John's Wood High Street
020 7449 9791