£35000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Our client, an innovative NGO centered around smarter cities, is seeking a brilliant concept and service designer with a broad design background who can apply design thinking and service design methodologies to city challenges. This is a permanent position offering an exciting opportunity to work across multi-disciplinary teams of service designers, urban planners and strategists, insight specialists, data scientists and developers. You will have a knowledge and an interest in new technologies, with a particular focus on emerging technologies, demonstrating hands on experience in using service design in technology pilots in real life environments.
Leading a team of researchers, you will need to stay abreast of the cutting edge in smart technologies, Internet of Things, local and international initiatives and standards and citizen led experiments.
- Concept development - Developing strong project concepts that can then be built out into prototypes
- Insights and workshops - Planning and delivery of different types of workshops to involve citizens, small businesses and researchers within their established program of projects.
- Stakeholder management - Working closely with team members to ensure relationships with all project partners are managed successfully.
- Communicating research - Their projects will develop cutting-edge thinking and practice. Besides making them happen, you'll be communicating what the projects are about, what they mean, and how they will change thinking and practice in the urban development sector.
- Service design - Apply the tools of service design such as user journeys, blueprints and design probes in multiple projects
With a qualification in product or service design, you will demonstrate proven experience mastering service design tools and methodologies with experience in solving urban challenges. It is desirable that you have a familiarity with high growth start ups within the technology sector and with city governments and key urban issues in 21st century cities.
Please apply with your CV and a Cover letter by no later than 9am on Thursday 14th June.