£24000 - £25000 per annum
9 months ago
TPP are excited to be working with a charity that has been established since the late 60's. They are passionate about supporting people on their journey to recovery.
This is an exciting opportunity to support young people in the Hounslow area. This role has a huge amount of scope and you would play a vital part in developing the service in the community of Hounslow.
The purpose of this role:
- To provide supervision and line management for the Young Persons Recovery Worker.
- To lead and drive the Young Person's service within the Borough, including networking and attending relevant meetings/events.
- To engage Young People in support, advice and information around substance misuse and sexual health.
- Develop & deliver engagement activities for Young People.
- Support Young People to improve their overall lifestyles, supporting positive health outcomes.
- Develop & deliver educational awareness in Young people settings; i.e., schools, colleges, though workshops, assemblies, as well as some 1:1 work.
- To provide training for those in contact with Young People; i.e., teachers, foster carers, parents, social care, etc.
- To work effectively and in partnership with CNWL as well as other key partners within the Borough. This includes networking and establishing links where appropriate.
- Experience of working with alcohol/substance users or other comparable field
- Experience of working with Young People and delivering suitable age appropriate interventions/1:1's
- Experience of working as part of a team and supporting your colleagues
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- No criminal record that prevents work with our client group or which would harm our reputation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word and familiar with relevant database management systems
- Experience of providing supervision or line management support to staff, volunteers or peer mentors
- Experience of completing documentation such as risk assessments
- Experience of creating person-centred care plans based on needs identified at assessment
- Knowledge and experience of developing/planning & delivering workshops
If this role sounds of interest to you please get in touch ASAP . In the first instance please send your CV . We can then discuss the role in more detail.