Leeds, West Yorkshire
£33199.00 - £37000.00 per annum
3 months ago
A specialist arts education institution based in Leeds is looking for a new senior subject librarian to assist and advise the University Curator in the efficient and effective organisation and running of the libraries on two campuses. The role is a fixed term contract until the end of January 2019, paying £31,199 per annum. The successful candidate will be able to commit to a flexible working pattern involving evening and weekend working.
This an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior Librarian to support the University Curator in the operational running of the library including supporting and managing staff, ordering stock, inducting and advising and assisting student and staff users with resources and facilities. Your responsibilities will include:
* Maintaining and managing the development of the library management system and playing a lead role in the development of e-resources.
* Deputising for the University Librarian in their absence as acting as an operational lead in budgetary control.
* Ensuring the smooth running of the arts shop situated within the library.
* Participating in course reviews and validations if required and providing support in the preparation for and execution of external reviews by awarding and accreditation bodies as required.
The successful candidate will have:
* A recognised library qualification and be a member of a relevant professional body.
* Demonstrated knowledge of, and active interest in, electronic media and library applications, as well as good computer skills including use of Word and Excel.
* Excellent and proven customer care skills, as well as great organisational and administrative skills.
* Good line management and leadership skills and be able to work well in a team
If you are looking to join a friendly team in a dynamic and creative environment please get in touch!