£42501.00 - £47375.00 per annum
5 months ago
Do you have knowledge and experience of complex contract negotiation within Higher Education sector?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our client an innovative University as Senior Research Contracts Manager.
You will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating the terms and conditions of a diverse range of research contracts and agreements with conflicting critical pathways, identifying and mitigating risks to ensure that they do not expose the University to unreasonable risk and to ensure that they comply with the University's status as an educational charity, current legislation, and internal policies and procedures.
This is permanent position paying £42,501 to £47,375 per annum with additional performance related pay up to £59,219 per annum.
* Manage a team of two Research Contracts Managers to ensure they deliver an efficient, timely and professional service
* Review and negotiate a diverse portfolio of complex research and consultancy contracts and agreements
* Construct a wide variety of bespoke, legally sound, research and consultancy contracts and agreements
* Liaising with employees at all levels across the University and with external professional advisors to ensure that research and consultancy contracts and agreements are correctly understood and that risks are mitigated in order to protect the University
* Providing ad-hoc research and consultancy legal advice across the University
* A Law Degree or equivalent or at least five years' practical legal experience working in a large/diverse organisation.
* Significant practical legal experience working within a large/diverse organisation.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience of contract and intellectual property issues as they apply to higher education and funded research
* An excellent ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation and excellent negotiating skills.
* Experience of the Higher Education Sector.